SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide. In 2014 SWIFT processed more than 5.6 billion FIN messages.
Job Summary Regression Testing team is looking for a Test Engineer to perform qualification of SWIFT’s core messaging solutions. As a Test Engineer, you will be part of a highly skilled and motivated test team where your test automation and system testing skills will be challenged.
The successful candidate will be committed to quality and project success, have strong analytical skills, be eager to learn and understand technical business solutions, be knowledgeable in software development and testing methodology and have strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must also have an appreciation for and understanding of operational requirements for data confidentiality, integrity and availability of a system designated as critical infrastructure sector.
• Participate in requirements/design reviews of software changes/new products to analyze requirements
• Develop test specifications/test cases/sets of regression tests for testing topology and configuration changes and/or software release of applications in an accurate and timely manner.
• Develop test schedules and ensure follow-through so that deadlines for testing completion are met.
• Supervise test execution and verification/validation phase, follow-up all problems captured/reported; provide input for reports.
• Investigate and troubleshoot failed tests both from a functional and technical perspective.
• Implement test automation where applicable.
• Propose and participate in process improvement initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 0-5 years of experience within a development or testing environment;
• Must have experience in Unix operating systems
• Experience in software development is an asset.
• Experience in Perl is highly desired.
• Experience in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL is an asset.
• Experience with Quality Center or other Test Management Tools is an asset.
• Testing methodology certification (e.g. ISTQB) is an asset.