SWIFT is world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services. Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 institutions. We enable our global community of users to communicate securely, exchanging standardized financial messages in a reliable way, thereby facilitating global and local financial flows, and supporting trade and commerce all around the world.
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 11 000 customers in 200+ countries and territories. Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2800 employees of 70+ nationalities, in 25 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
Within Global Security, the CSP Platform Roadmap team is responsible for defining and delivering the security product strategy across SWIFT's portfolio. The team ambitions to establish a solid partner framework in support of SWIFT strategic Customer Security Programme.
The objective is to identify, evaluate and engage with selected partners whose security solutions can be leveraged by SWIFT for its product portfolio or by the SWIFT community to reinforce their infrastructure, in accordance with the Customer Security Framework.
We are hiring an R&D Engineer to drive rapid and efficient security innovation, leveraging relevant vendor technology to deliver on the security product strategy. The role of the R&D Engineer will be to lead market exploration of security solutions, to organize technology assessment and to manage the cyber lab.
You will be responsible to:
• Monitor industry trends and evolution & identify relevant security technology in support of the security product strategy
• Define a solid evaluation framework with measurable assessment criteria
• Organize technology assessment through proof of concepts & evaluate their relevance and suitability to SWIFT portfolio
• Report on the technology assessment conclusions to the vendors and internally, including to senior management
• Leverage the cyber lab to support a rapid & effective technology assessment
• Identify potential changes required to the vendor solution to meet our needs
• Drive concrete implementation next steps with the delivery teams to integrate selected technology in SWIFT products & services portfolio
To be successful in the role, you need:
• A strong technical background in cyber security, software applications, cloud and API technology and operating systems to assess if vendor solutions offer relevant functionality for SWIFT and its community
• To be hands on and up to date with security technology, keeping abreast with the fast evolving technology market and cyber landscape
• Drive and dynamism to engage with relevant partners and to organize prompt assessment
• To be well organized & result-oriented to move from market exploration into concrete decision and planning
• Excellent communication, stakeholdering and collaboration skills interacting with external partners and key internal counterparts. Fluent written and spoken English
The following are additional assets for the role:
• A university degree or equivalent
• At least 7 years’ relevant experience preferably in a similar position
• Good knowledge of SWIFT products and services portfolio
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate value propositions in details
• Security certifications (CISSP, CISM or equivalent)
• Competitive salary and bonus with exceptional benefits
100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• Excellent training and career development opportunities
• Friendly, professional, stable working environment where one can grow in their career
• Casual/Professional Environment