SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
You will demonstrate the technology value and story of SWIFT interface and integration products and services to customers and identify solutions responding to their business requirements. You will work hands-on with customers to design and help integrate SWIFT Solutions. As such you will be the technical and product API, integration and connectivity expert within the EMEA presales teams, working in close collaboration with commercial and business managers as dedicated SME for the DE/AT region. You will prepare and deliver high quality customer engagements, pre-sales presentations, solution proposals and customer pilots/prototypes if required.
Overall you will provide advanced technology pre-sales support to achieve EMEA interfaces sales objectives and assist account managers as required.
You are able to work with non-SWIFT IT specialists and managers of our customers, gaining trust based on your own technology, architecture, API and integration expertise combined with your listening skills to capture requirements leading to opportunities.
Your responsibilities will be to
- Present and discuss with customers SWIFT interfaces, integration and API products and solution proposals, at customer site and events, working closely with Sales on customer accounts.
- Demonstrate value of SWIFT technology solutions versus alternatives, including operations, resiliency and security recommendations. Overcome objections of a technical nature.
- Meet with the customer to identify their needs and scope requirements to propose architecture/application solutions to client needs, composed of all the SWIFT integration, messaging, standards and interface software and services. Be conversant on modern integration techniques and technologies, especially messaging, Web services, APIs.
- Assisting customer and SWIFT project teams to scope detailed requirements, design, installation and implementation of customer prototypes, proofs of concept, and pilots (onsite where required). Analyzing technical problems; identifying workarounds and/or escalating as required. Prepare solution proposals and validate with senior team members to make recommendations on best practice solutions for medium size/complexity/risk projects.
- Assisting with design review meetings, supporting technical aspects of customer proposals and RFI/RFP responses. Ensuring that the proposed solution makes optimum use of SWIFT's interface and messaging products.
- Build and develop working relationships with customer management responsible for the customer SWIFTNet infrastructure.
- Continued development of your knowledge of global systems, integration technologies, and relevant industry trends.
- In line with team objectives, support regional teams by processes and transferring knowledge on the SWIFT platform as well as SWIFT interface and integration solutions.
Do you have what it takes?
Education and experience
- University degree in computer science or IT related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in IT integration and architecture of global systems and solutions, preferably messaging, integration and/or API solutions.
Professional knowledge and expertise
- Experience with integration middleware, common messaging and API technologies.
- Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills required
- Strong customer orientation and commitment to deliver with quality
- Good analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Proven ability to work independently and to contribute in a multi-skilled and multi-country team environment
- Fluent in German and English a must (written and spoken), any other European language is an asset
- Knowledge of SWIFTNet, SWIFT's interface, integration and API solutions is a nice to have
- Experience in financial institutions or market infrastructure (ie, central bank, stock exchange, central securities depository, ...) systems or operations would be advantageous.
- Easy to pick up business understanding and commercial sense is considered an asset
- Project management and planning experience are an advantage
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.