SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide. SWIFT processes more than 5.6 billion FIN messages per year.
Our objective is to support our members, banks and other payment service providers, to improve existing processes but also to innovate on top of their existing SWIFT infrastructures.
Across our organization we have assigned a dedicated Business Intelligence (BI) Expert Team with the mission to provide services to our customers.
The position is based in Brussels area, Belgium.
• Contribute to the delivery and on-boarding process of SWIFTs Watch product family and the related Compliance products to our customers based within the EMEA region
• Contribute to the retention process of the above products and deliver additional training and use-case sessions to our subscribed customer base
• Lead product related training sessions and provide recommendations to our subscribed customer base
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements
• Perform complex data extractions and manipulations, which culminate in the design and production of ad-hoc analyses and reports for external clients
• Performing data validation and peer reviews to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of analytic models (4-eyes principle)
• Perform studies/consulting assignments on time and budget in line with documented scope and deliverables
• Close and efficient communication with the responsible SWIFT Product Managers and Project Mangers
• University degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Business or equivalent
• Typically 1-2 years of experience, preferably in similar roles and/or industries
• Excellent English, both written and spoken, is required
• Proven interest in financial markets (focused on payments, trade and compliance), consulting or business intelligence
• Knowledge of SWIFT messaging is a plus
• Self-driven and autonomous
• Can-do attitude
• Excellent analytical and presentation skills
• Strong financial modelling skills (Excel)
• Quality orientation
• Team spirit
• Keen on analysing data
• Customer orientation
• Willingness to travel (on average 30 % – 40%)
The Business Intelligence Expert Team is offering an exciting opportunity to a Business Intelligence & Compliance Delivery Consultant to contribute to context of Payments, Trade and Compliance related projects with a lot of customer exposure within the EMEA region.
The candidate will join a team of young and dynamic BI professionals, where the Consultant’s main objective will be to on-board, at the premises of our customers, our Business Intelligence and Compliance products, which are based on our SWIFT Watch (Microstrategy) platform, like Traffic and Banking Analytics, Banking Analytics Premium, Compliance Analytics, Correspondent Monitoring and Payments Data Quality.
This role provides the candidate with a steep learning curve, both to understand every aspect of Swift's business, as well as our customer’s business, making this an ideal position to start your career at SWIFT.