A lean-forward attitude is a must to be part of the transformational journey taking place at SWIFT with the use of new and emerging Technologies. The person can thrive in this environment if they are adept at working with internal and external people, across various disciplines and can engage and hold technical and business level discussions. The person should be able to see the larger picture, help communicate it, connect and help others connect the dots, especially when it comes to taking decisions and helping drive and support decisions.
In this exciting role, you will
• Directs and reviews vendor activities to ensure vendors’ performance meets contractual commitments. Monitors vendors’ operational delivery, examines measured results to identify problems and analyse root cause, and take appropriate actions to correct failed activities or functionality.
• Responsible for vendor problem management related communication and a functional bridge between internal teams and the vendor. Manages problem escalations to facilitate internal business owners resolve issues due to their use of vendor technologies in time.
• Facilitates resolution of moderately complex problem management issues by exchanging the information between the internal customers and the vendor and working directly with the vendors to engage the right people, driving checkpoints and conference calls and helping the exchange of logs/data from SWIFT to the vendor as needed for investigation, root cause analysis and work-around. Activities include and are not limited to participating in installations, configuration setups, error message handling, testing solutions, operational procedures in accordance with the established process and procedures.
• Participates in resolution of complex problem situations, under the guidance of the vendor escalation manager, including via on-call.
• Interact with software systems engineering and/or applications development teams in order to restore availability of services and/or identify root cause of complex problems. Actively participate in design review meetings for small to medium size/complexity/risk projects to understand the technology / products use-cases.
• Supports vendor relationship managers in preparing vendors scorecards to report and measure credible, objective and subjective data about the vendor's performance and continuously assess how well the vendor is performing against contract terms and SWIFT’s performance goals.
The duties and responsibilities are indicative and are not meant to be exhaustive, depending on the context ,additional duties may be required and are subject to change from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT / Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience in support environments including software development/debugging and problem analysis in supporting mission critical applications and services
• Experience in RHEL is highly preferred, experience in programming languages: Java, scripting languages (ksh, Perl) is a plus
• Experience in vendor management and evaluation of vendor performance is highly preferred
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external audiences
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure and part of a multicultural team
SWIFT Manassas is one of two offices in the Virginia area, located a short drive from Washington DC. Employees enjoy a busy social calendar with events throughout the year, as well as being heavily involved in charitable work, with partners such as United Way, Toys for Tots and more.
SWIFT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SWIFT is world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services. Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 institutions. We enable our global community of users to communicate securely, exchanging standardized financial messages in a reliable way, thereby facilitating global and local financial flows, and supporting trade and commerce all around the world.
SWIFT has a unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2800 employees of 70+ nationalities, in 25 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
The team is responsible for all aspects of Vendor management and the contract lifecycle, this includes researching the technology landscape, negotiating and managing complex vendor contracts and managing the vendor relationship at a Executive levels . Vendor Technologies managed by the team include: Cloud, Containers/Docker, API platform/gateway, Databases: Big-Data, No-SQL, RDBMS, SQL, PKI, HSM, Linux OS, Messaging, Application/Web Servers, Middleware etc.