Working collaboratively with colleagues from across both product and relationship management disciplines you will be accountable for:
- Help us to position and expand SWIFT’s varied compliance offering into the financial services and corporate sectors across the US and Canada.
- Support the management of a revenue and opportunity number by product stream by market and take ownership for its being met
- Represent SWIFT, promoting the company’s message, products and services to grow our business (i.e. participate in, and speak at workshops, business forums and conferences as a thought leader)
- Continue to develop your market expertise and credibility as a product spokesperson and domain expert across the various compliance disciplines (customer and transaction screening, list management, KYC, data analytics, sanctions filter testing and back office intrusion) and the relevance to the wider industry and SWIFT business.
- Communicate relevant market and sales intelligence to management and senior stakeholders (ie. as client feedback, required updates or development items), in informative and engaging formats.
Experience and Competencies
- 3+ experience in a sales/relationship management role, consulting practise or in a product/go to market role, with demonstrable involvement in the sales life cycle.
- Growth mindset, enthusiastic learner keen to get involved in a wide variety of projects across other business development product lines if/& when appropriate
- Flexibility/adaptability: Can-do, pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication skills: modifies communication style to others, acknowledges and respects other views.
- Effective stakeholder management: internally as well as externally as good relationships are key to this role
- Strong business acumen, customer orientation and problem-solving skills
Desirable Experience, competencies and qualifications
- CAMS or ICA certification
- Sales methodology training such as SPIN, Challenger, Agile etc
- Domain knowledge experience (demonstrable interest in financial crime prevention, fraud/cyber-crime or the wider compliance space: customer or transaction screening, sanctions/PEP data, IDV or KYC, enterprise data, fraud, cyber-crime, sanctions filter testing, governance and regulatory risk or associated compliance technology sales).
- Experience of working with the world’s largest financial institutions
- Existing Sales/RM skills from an existing compliance technology vendor, in-house at a financial institution, NBFI or a client-facing product marketing manager with deeper domain knowledge
- An understanding of the North American Payments landscape, emerging technology and financial services
- Additional sector knowledge of banking, securities, funds, corporates
SWIFT has a unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you’ll like our office culture – built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance. Our collaborative approach is reflected in our culture, we have a true team and community-led approach to commercial growth. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and investment in their careers, not just our client relationships, benefit from long-term development.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2,500 employees of 75+ nationalities in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages waiting for you here at SWIFT.
The New York office is in central Manhattan, with easy access to public transport, shops, and restaurants. Want to be part of a global family? Apply now! www.swift.com
Are you interested in the opportunity to enable and influence our commercial and product teams? As a Compliance Product Specialist you will deliver expert advice to our members across a broad product portfolio. Our products range from KYC, AML and Sanctions through to Fraud and Cyber Crime services.
As part of our North America team, you’ll collaborate with account managers and provide specialist compliance knowledge/advice to our customers. The aim is to enable our customers to identify the right compliance solutions for their business.
Our (wider) product specialist team acts as the go-between for our commercial and product organisations, bringing together the best of both worlds.
With over 40 years of experience enabling the financial community to exchange secure standardised financial messages, SWIFT is uniquely positioned to provide financial crime compliance teams with relevant, simple to use and hosted solutions, enabling banks to be well informed, react quickly and be prepared for regulatory scrutiny.
We are a global member-owned cooperative and the world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services. Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 banking and securities organisations, market infrastructures and corporate customers in more than 200 countries.
Financial crime compliance is critical to every institution operating in today’s increasingly regulated financial markets. The work we do in the compliance space address industry-wide challenges – in close collaboration with our customers making this an exciting and unusual opportunity.