•Resolve moderately complex problem management issues by investigating and devising solutions for systems/ operations.
•Activities include and are not limited to conducting or participating in installations, configuration setups, error message handling, testing solutions, operational procedures in accordance with the established process and procedures
•Design, develop and test supporting tools to aide in problem management analysis
•Analyze detail systems factors: input/output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, alternative approaches, etc.
•May prepare and complete installation documentation and operating procedures.
•Actively participate in design review meetings for small to medium size/complexity/risk projects.
•Participate in system/network projects/enhancements by representing the department and providing technical advice/ solutions ensuring adherence to documented processes and procedures and risk mitigation efforts
•Review complex problem situations, including via on-call, and identify preventive measures and improvements to processes, procedures, or tools and implement these as required
•Interact with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development in order to restore availability of services and/or identify root cause of complex problems
Education: University degree in IT / Engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a Technical Support environment including system administration/debugging and problem analysis in supporting mission critical applications and services
Professional Knowledge and Skills:
• Very good problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
• Discipline with good work ethic
• Analytical and methodical when handling problem investigations
• Ability to work under pressure
• Able to work in internationally diverse global team
Essential Technical Skills:
• Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, HP-UX
• Databases: Basic knowledge of database (Oracle and/or Cassandra), familiar in SQL
• Programming/scripting languages: Knowledgeable with one of Java, C++ Scripting (Python, Perl, KSH, BASH)
Good to Have:
• CI/CD Tools : Jira, Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins
• Knowledge of Data Analytics, Kibana, Docker, Containers
• Knowledge of PKI
• Tools: Salesforce, PeopleSoft, Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, Microsoft Office
• Network knowledge: Ability to debug network problems related to TCP/IP, DNS and Firewalls
What we offer
• A competitive salary and a generous range of benefits. Including:
o 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision
o Life Insurance
o 401(k) matching
• Excellent training and career development opportunities
• Career Advancement
• 4 weeks paid vacation & 12 Public Holidays
• Friendly, professional, stable working environment where one can grow in their career
• Company Functions & Community Outreach Programs
• A fantastic working environment in newly renovated spaces, we now offer open workspaces contributing to our collaborative environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting a culture of continuous development. Our culture values diversity and strives for sustainability. We support each employee to develop critical competencies in line with career aspirations and SWIFT business needs. Including online and professional courses, hands-on training, internal mobility and excellent networking opportunities.
SWIFT is world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services. Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 institutions. We enable our global community of users to communicate securely, exchanging standardized financial messages in a reliable way, thereby facilitating global and local financial flows, and supporting trade and commerce all around the world.
2,800+ employees 70+ nationalities 200+ countries 25 global offices
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 11,000 customers in over 200 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2800 employees of 70+ nationalities, in 25 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.