Are you an initiative driven IT engineer who wants to make the difference in a high-tech environment? Do you thrive in an autonomous cross-functional team?
As a Windows & Linux IT Engineer, you will be joining a dynamic team of IT professionals who set out to deliver and support secure infrastructure for our internal customers.
Building on our ambition to deliver our Platform Services applying agile practices, we are looking for somebody who brings a strong customer focus, a desire to understand the customer needs and help address their challenges. If you’re interested in multiple aspects of the IT services delivery process (design, implementation, testing, operations and support) you could be our ideal candidate.
What to expect?
- You will work with the Product Owner and Squad members to provision and support Windows & Red Hat Linux systems for our internal customers
- You will work with your team to implement and operate your solutionsYou will deploy infrastructure and software according to our change management processes
- You will provide L2 operational support for the services provided by the Windows & Red Hat Linux services squad
- You will collaborate with our customers following DevOps/Agile principles and best practices
- You will follow-up and document our services (systems/applications/procedures) as they evolve
- You will interact and collaborate with other internal teams to ensure excellent internal customer satisfaction
- You will handle issues always focusing on continuous improvement: you will automate, educate and share knowledge transparently
What will make you successful?
- Autonomous, empowered with the ability to adapt and respond to change
- Customer oriented and quality focused mindset – we continually strive to deliver true customer value
- Open-minded, solution oriented, and a true team player – gaining energy through collaboration with others
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Good communication skills
- Willing to perform occasional overtime/weekend work
- At least a Bachelor degree in IT, or equivalent experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Previous experience in an Agile environment is an asset
- Strong IT knowledge including Windows and Linux OS, storage, hardware, backup and monitoring
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat Linux system administration, deployment of OS & applications
- Good knowledge of Windows system administration, deployment of OS & applications
- Good knowledge of Networking and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMWare administration) deployment is an asset
- Knowledge of Ansible, Bash and/or PowerShell is an asset
What we offer?
- A competitive compensation package for all our employees.
- A focus on your work-life balance: optional flexible hours and work from home days.
- A fantastic working environment based in Bangsar South, the latest well-connected office hub of Kuala Lumpur. Parking is available for all employees.
- You will work in a truly international MNC with main offices across 3 continents and since we are a relatively small company (3000 employees), we still operate fast.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to advance the career journey of our talents. We will support you to develop critical competencies in line with your career aspirations and SWIFT business needs. We will encourage you to take part in a diverse range of training opportunities, internal and external, including online and professional courses and hands-on trainings. We also support internal mobility between our teams and provide excellent networking opportunities.
About Platform Services
SWIFT is embracing agile and DevOps practices as a way to deliver upon the company’s ambitious longer term objectives. For our business teams to succeed on this important transformation, the platform organization teams are reviewing the way we conceive, define, and deliver platform and IT infrastructure services. Our teams are looking at delivering effective private cloud capabilities as an enabler for building more effective software delivery pipelines.
SWIFT is world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services. Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 financial institutions and corporates. We enable our global community of users to communicate securely, exchanging standardised financial messages in a reliable way, thereby facilitating global and local financial flows, and supporting trade and commerce all around the world.
People are the foundation of our success. We depend on technological and business excellence – and on a culture that values diversity, strives for sustainability and fosters a healthy work-life balance.